29 October 2010

BookFest Windsor and Real Residential 3!

Making my way to Toronto now, and then Windsor tomorrow morning. In Windsor, I'm doing a pre–BookFest Windsor event — a three-hour Writers' Boot Camp at the Art Gallery of Windsor. Admission is a measly five bucks, and there may still be openings available. If anyone's interested, they can visit BookFest Windsor's website and see the details. The festival starts in earnest next week, and the lineup is great. Wish I was gonna be there for the major hubbub. I've really enjoyed my visits to the festival in years past. Great group of people and a great venue.

On Monday, I'm hosting the third instalment of the Real Residential Reading Series in Kingston, where I'm Writer-in-Residence this fall and having an amazing time. Again, meeting some fantastic people, reading some incredible stuff, and getting a bunch of my own writing done.

Monday's reading features novelist Martha Baillie, coming in from Toronto; Natalee Caple, who's a fiction writer and poet, but mostly a poet on Monday, visiting from Peterborough; and local light Trevor Strong, a member of the Arrogant Worms, as well as his Kingston group Trevor Strong and his Line of Credit, and the author of some very demented little stories.

The first two readings in the series attracted standing-room-only crowds. I'm expecting the same on Monday. Here's the poster:



Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home