26 March 2010

Alberta, Jim, Memoir

Alberta

The voting for the Alberta Readers Choice Award continues until April 30. If you like my book Buying Cigarettes for the Dog, you can vote for it right here. Every day. I'd be very grateful. Going to post another story from the book in the next few days.

Jim

Jim Smith is one of my literary heroes. I don't think there's anyone in North America doing what he does in poetry. His work is complex, accessible, visceral, funny, political, personal. You can read a nice little interview with him right here. And then go out and buy his new book, Back Off, Assassin! New and Selected Poems. I'm thrilled that Jim is back in the literary world after a decade-long absence. In Toronto, you can find it at This Ain't the Rosedale Library. Perhaps at some other indie bookstores. If you can't find it via that route, you can order a copy direct from Mansfield Press.

Memoir

Still a couple of spots available in my memoir-writing workshop tomorrow in Port Hope, at Furby House Books. Noon till five, $60, lots of fun. Let me know if you wanna get in on it. Details in the previous posting.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home