09 April 2009

Reviewed in my other former employer

A couple weeks ago, I got reviewed in NOW Magazine.

Today I got reviewed in Eye Weekly, by Brian Joseph Davis. Here it is.

Many years ago, I worked at NOW as a proofreader. That was after I spent 3.5 years as a proofreader then a copy-editor at Harlequin Books, and after I spent 1.5 years at the Ministry of Transportation as a technical writer (a.k.a. Globe & Mail crossword-puzzle solver). Anyway, I really liked working at NOW; there are a lot of really good people there. But then Eye came along and made me an offer I couldn't refuse: production editor. That ended up being the most enjoyable job I'd ever had, and I stayed a few years … until the Great Putsch. I stuck around a month or two and then moved on, finally finding my feet as a freelance editor.

Anyway, it's really nice to see my new book reviewed in Eye and NOW. I await reviews from Harlequin and the Ministry of Transportation.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home