22 May 2008

Buffalo launch for Dead Cars In Managua

OK, Jason and I are climbing into the car, accompanied by guest traveller Paul Vermeersch, and we're heading to Buffalo on Friday to launch our books. My first-ever reading in Buffalo.

ROSS, CAMLOT, McGIMPSEY: CANADIAN INVASION

Friday, May 23, 7:30 pm
Rust Belt Books
202 Allen Street
Buffalo, New York

Stuart Ross, launching Dead Cars In Managua (DC Books Punchy Writers Series)
Jason Camlot, launching The Debaucher (Insomniac Press)
David McGimpsey, launching Sitcom (Coach House Press)
and Buffalo's own Andrea Strudensky

Please tell any buffalo you know.


Last night's Toronto launch at the Dora Keogh was a great success. After a day in which about 30 people phoned and emailed in their regrets, the room was nonetheless packed. It was a great experience reading from the new book. The poems are so foreign to me that it feels like I'm trying to figure out how to read them as I read them. Which is fun. People cried. I've never had people cry at one of my readings before. I cried.

So many awesome people showed up. Old friends, very new friends, dear friends, friends who I didn't know were friends. Nearly 40 Dead Cars sold, plus a few Orphan's Songs. Paul Vermeersch was a great host, and saved me a lot of trouble (if you know what I mean). A pleasure to read with Jason Camlot, who did an amazing job of editing my book, and Catherine Graham.

More later.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home