22 August 2005

Estuardo the Human Weakling

Just got back an hour ago from the Secret Ceremony, a tradition on the last night of Centauri. I can't divulge the nature of the ceremony. It's a secret.

Yesterday, at the Centauri Carnival, I was Estuardo the Human Weakling. I wondered around with a lighter-than-air barbell and read a biography of Jacqueline Susann. The kids seemed to think my character was pretty funny. I kept asking them to hold my barbell so I could rest my arm and turn the page of my book.

Last night I was up till 5 in the morning, typesetting Sugar In My Angst, a little anthology of writing by my campers.

Tonight was the "dress rehearsal" reading; it's really a performance for the whole camp. Tomorrow the parents will be here for the final-day performances. My campers acquitted themselves admirably in their readings.

My brain is full of stuff about my experience here. A very intense 11 days. I hope I'll be invited back for next summer. There's so much more I want to try. And it's been an amazing time, tough as it is.

Gawd, I'm tired.

Over and out.

3 Comments:

At August 22, 2005 12:11 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems you've seen the light, son ... teaching IS the lord's work

 
At August 25, 2005 10:36 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.centauri.on.ca/images/2005/P1000734.JPG

 
At August 25, 2005 8:54 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear esturardo,
i too, feel my political strength slipping, and all of a sudden have a subliminal desire for the color of tourquoise...ay carrumba...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home