04 June 2005

Pretend I'm rich, real rich...

First, I must apologize for how boring my last bloggamooga entry was. Oy.

Next, I must report that Dana and I just consulted an international currency converter online, and it turns out we're nearly rich. We thought the Euro was about $1.90 Canadian. So our 30-Euro dinner splurge last night would have cost close to $60, which we would never spend back in Canada! And the pair of cool books that Dana bought yesterday, I Still Believe in Miracles, a two-book catalogue for a show we saw at Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, cost 50 Euros, which we thought was close to a sawbuck. But, in reality, the Euro is only CAN$1.50! Imagine our joy!

I hadn't griped here yet about the price of everything in Norway, but here are a few examples, a result of the unbelievable exchange rate with the Kroner... public toilet: $4. bus ride: $6. half-pint of beer: $10. chana masala: $25. medium pizza: $30. can of Coke: $4. chicken kebab: $10 (and that's the real bargain food of Norway).

We're very lucky in Canada.

Over and out.

2 Comments:

At June 04, 2005 10:35 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonjour Stu - just quick note to say that e and me and oia are enjoying stu et dana avec les gauls (e say "i'm holding an enfant terrible and that can make spelling in 3rd languages difficile" sorry)

please don't convert currency it is better just to eat and drink and have fun in paris cuz you will not remember the cost of stuff in 6 years (and next time you are there it will cost more!)

have fun write a poem or two say hi to sam for me

love
dfb

 
At June 05, 2005 7:34 am , Blogger Amanda Earl said...

I don't know if it's still the same, but a number of years ago, my Parisien pals took me to the Institut Musulman which aside from the beauty of the building, was also the home of a restaurant which served wonderful pastries dripping with honey, and mint tea served in thin small glasses with sugar. There was also a place where you could get a massage: men on one day, women the next. Heavenly.
Glad you're having fun and being inspired.
Amanda in Ottawa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home